Thursday, February 3, 2011
Weight
So it has almost been 23 years since I was born. I still have not figured out how to gain weight. I have always been underweight. When I was 16, I was 5'10'' and 125 pounds. As I grew, I gained a little bit more wait, but not much. I stopped growing when I reached 6'0''. I was about 145 pounds or so at that time. I have never been one to eat just a little. The only thing I enjoy more than food is probably sleep. I love to pig out. I have seriously tried to gain weight. I am sick of only having skin cover my bones. Whenever I play sports, I like to be scrappy and dive for the basketball or football. I am not sure how much longer my body can take it. I get bone bruises far too easily. When will my metabolism slow down. I understand that some people think that it would be so nice to be skinny, but it is not all that it is cracked up to be. The heaviest I have ever been was 165 pounds at the end of my stay at the Missionary Training Center. However, in my first two months in the mission field, I lost 30 pounds. I spent the rest of my mission trying to gain some weight back. I gained 5 pounds back by the end of my mission. Once I was back in the states, I gained 10 more pounds because my dad kept taking me out to eat. Eventually, I got 5 more pounds eating fast food. Now my weight remains between 150 and 155 pounds. I feel too skinny. I'm even in a weight lifting class trying to gain more muscle mass to increase my weight. It sucks. Hopefully someday I can be that fat funny guy that everyone loves to grab his stomach and wait for another joke. Until then I will wallow in my self pity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No wallowing. Skinny people don't wallow... that image just doesn't work for me. But nevermind all that... obviously Kinsey doesn't have an issue with your weight, and what else could possibly matter!? Most of the rest of the world is envying your pitiful lack of excess weight, so celebrate it!!
ReplyDeleteLOL.
It is hard for me to sympathize with this, but I do try, I know Parker has the same frustrations as well. Ryan used to be really scrawny and his metabolism slowed down at about 25, he is still adjusting to that. So maybe 25 will be your year! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya;) In the meantime, send some of your good metabolism energy my way as I try to burn off all my pregnancy weight.
ReplyDelete