Sunday, February 27, 2011

Business Program

I spent this weekend thinking about how I really needed to write my business program application essay. I have been thinking about this essay for months, but I never started writing it. I always have trouble writing essays about myself, especially when the essay requires you to differentiate yourself from others. I never know what to write about. As usual, I tried to convince my wife to write it for me. I always tell her what a great team we are. She is great at getting ideas on paper, and I am great at editing. If we combine our efforts, we can write great papers. She did not buy it. She always offers to help, but won't do it all. One day she will understand the concept of "one flesh." When I get an assignment, she should feel like she is getting the assignment as well. I'm just kidding. I have the greatest wife. She is very supportive. She is far more supportive to me than I am to her. Needless to say I eventually finished me essay. My wife suggested I send it to my dad and her dad for them to review it. I am always hesitant to do that because once I have finished an essay, I hate revising it. I want to be done with it. Also, I don't want my dad to give me any flack about including that I am a grandson to an apostle in there. I am not doing it to "score" any points. I hardly tell anyone about it because I know I did not do anything to be blessed with this strong church lineage. However, I do believe that it differentiates me from a lot of people. Being an apostles grandson has helped shaped me to who I am. Having that influence in my life helped me to avoid temptations that I may not otherwise have avoided. Everything good in my life can be attributed to my church lineage in one way or another. I feel like I have nothing of which to be ashamed. I agree there is a line between what or when you should share that kind of information with someone. Who knows though? Everyone probably has a different opinion about it. All I have to say is, I'm not "stuck up" about it. To me he is my grandpa first and an apostle second.

2 comments:

  1. You got one great wife:) But she is lucky to have you too because you will ditch a class to be with her when she is in an interview and is nervous! You do so much for me too clint, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one great (awesome, spectacular, terrific, etc) wife. And she had a pretty amazing husband (from everything I hear from multiple sources). And, yup, pretty sweet that you have a grandpa who just happens to be an apostle. It's all good and all part of what makes you who you are.

    Now get working on that paper!! LOL

    ReplyDelete