Saturday, April 9, 2011
Turning over a new leaf
I officiated flag football this morning from 10-12 am. No matter whether I start officiating at 8 or at 10, I still find it so hard to get up. I think it may be because I know my wife gets to keep sleeping, and I am jealous. The semester is close to ending so intramurals is wrapping up as well. The semi-finals of division II football were played today. I recognized of one of the teams playing. I had previously officiated several of their games this season. I hoped they would win. However, they ended up losing by one point with 6 seconds remaining. The following game was not nearly excited. The weather turned for the worse. Snow started coming down pretty hard. Neither team played particularly well. The only exciting part of the game occurred at the beginning. One of the players from the blue team began taunting a player from the red team. The red team player snapped before we could react and he pushed the player from the blue team pretty hard. We had to give the player that taunted a yellow card (which means he had to sit out for 2 minutes), and we had to give the player from the blue team a red card (which means he was disqualified). The situation was unfortunate in that the player that instigated the conflict got a less severe penalty, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I think that may have been my last time officiating for intramurals. I emailed my boss yesterday and said that I would be fine not officiating next week because of projects I needed to do for classes. I don't think I am going to officiate next year either because Kinsey will be working as an intern for at ann elementary school. She will receive half salary which will be more than enough money to live on. This will allow me to concentrate on my studies. She will be my suga-mama. I can't wait for that. I will feel lazy not working, but I think it will pay off with good grades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love sleeping in...but I don't love it as much as I love sleeping in when you don't leave for work:)
ReplyDelete