Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stressed

Per my business writing teacher's request, I tried to find someone more stressed than me to do something for during finals preparation. Sadly, I didn't see how stressed Rob, our TA, was until I had already done my service. On Thursday evening, Kinsey and I went to the soup kitchen and volunteered. I thought to myself, these people must be more stressed than me because they have to worry about where they are going to sleep tonight each night. They have to worry about how they will make ends meet everyday of their life. I am fortunate and blessed to not go hungry. I am blessed to have a roof over my head. I am blessed to have support of me family. And I am blessed to go to school and get an education. Kinsey and I have volunteered in the past at the soup kitchen here in Provo and had a good experience. This time about twice as many people showed up. I was pretty surprised. Some of the people looked very clean cut. They did not look like they would need to come and get a free meal. Even if they didn't need the free meal, I wouldn't blame them for coming. The food looked way good. Kinsey and I were in charge of serving everyone the food. This entailed taking the food trays out to the people sitting down and refilling the water pitchers. We also wiped down each table after they were finished eating and swept the floor. We were at the soup kitchen for a little over 2 hours. Volunteering was very rewarding. It definitely took my mind off of all the things I had been stressing about.

1 comment:

  1. I love serving there! It is great to spend that time with you!

    ReplyDelete