Sunday, January 16, 2011

The First of Many

Our first anniversary was this Friday. Originally I was scheduled to work officiating basketball that day. I called a lot of other officials to see if they could work for me with no success. Kinsey was devastated despite trying to hide it. Late Thursday night, I got someone to cover for me. I decided to would be a good surprise so I didn't tell the wife. When it was time to go to work, I got dressed and left as usual. Kinsey was finishing her nap, but woke up to show me her sad face as I left. I felt pretty bad. However, I knew it would all turn out well in the end. Earlier that day I had made reservations at La Jolla Groves (a new Italian restaurant in town) and picked out a movie to go to. I hurried to the flower shop and got Kinsey a dozen yellow and red roses. I proceeded to tie a ribbon to each rose with a note about what a loved about Kinsey. That ended up taking about 20 minutes. Then I changed in the car into a jeans and a shirt with a tie and went back home. I left a gift certificate for Kinsey for a manicure and pedicure on the dashboard. I asked Preston to take me over to buy the certificate a couple hours earlier. I eventually knocked on the door. Kinsey answered and pure shock was on her face. She was so confused. After she finished showering me with kisses, I told her we had a dinner reservation in 15 minutes and she should get ready. She did so and we hurried over there. The food was incredible. Everything we ate was amazing, from the salads to our beef tenderloin. After dinner we drove to King Henry, my old apartment complex where we courted and revisited one of the places we shared a kiss. It was nice; We shared another one. Afterwards, we went to the movie the "Morning Show". It was a cute movie. I don't need to see it again but it was fun to be with my wife the whole evening. It was a pretty awesome anniversary thanks to me. I told Kinsey she has to plan the next one. The highlight of this anniversary was surprising Kinsey. I can't decide whether surprising her or scaring her is more fun. Probably scaring her because she screams and that's funny.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful anniversary and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I look forward to all of our future anniversaries together!

    ReplyDelete