My wife and I hit up the festival of colors today. In our family, which consists of just my wife and I, we started the tradition of "birthday month." This month has been Kinsey's birthday month. I think she has reminded me that this is her month time and time again. Granted, I did the exact same thing last year. It is far more fun when it is your month and you always get your way than to be the one not getting your way as you can imagine. Thankfully Kinsey likes to do fun things. The festival of colors was quite fun as well. Sadly, I was rather tired when we went. My wife is a doll though, and she let me sleep on the drive there. That gave me just enough energy to walk the 1.5 mile plus from where we parked to the Hare Krishna church grounds where the chalk fight (or rather party) was held. We bought a couple of plastic bags of chalk on our way up there. It was six bucks for 4 small bags, kind of a rip off but we definitely had more that six dollars of fun. We bought blue, red, purple chalk. We thoroughly enjoyed throwing that chalk in each other's faces and over each other's clothes. I felt uncomfortable when we first got there though. The place looked like the great and spacious building. If it weren't provo, there surely would have been alcohol and weed present. The craziness was topped off with a rock band singing songs that only had the words Hare Krishna in them (which means Hail Krishna). Krishna is God reincarnated. I felt sick to my stomach when I first got there. However, I tried to block out the atmosphere for 15 minutes and have fun with my wife because I knew she wanted to do this for her birthday. We had fun. I still felt bad but it was a memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment